Sunday, September 11, 2016

Monday Mural: steel and fire

Here's a new contribution to the mural scene by Bip, an anonymous street artist.  He's from the New Haven area but has done wall art around the world.  I think you could also call this mural Nostalgia or maybe Soundtracks of Life.  I wonder how many of us continue to prefer the music from our salad days?  Here's what this mural replaced.  P.S.  The confectionery tower in the background is the cupola of our city hall.

Welcome to Monday Mural.  If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to your mural finds posted this week.  Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.  I'll be gone for a few weeks and won't be able to leave comments on your posts.  The meme will still go up weekly via auto-posting.

“ Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Rev. John Watson

11 comments:

  1. Very expressive mural. I'm not sure why the original mural needed to be replaced but who am I to question that?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the previous mural was great, what a pity it was painted over. This one is interesting but not as bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great one from your corner of the world. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this one and your comment Soundtrack of Life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the other mural too, but I like the sense of humour in this one more. Wonder if Bip would think of visiting Perth :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has quite a three dimensional feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The original mural got tagged, and the building was sold. Rather than pay to restore the Oaksterdam mural, the new owners buffed the whole thing :-(

    ReplyDelete