Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Mural: Dimond District

 The Dimond District is on Fruitvale Avenue above the 580 freeway.  On the side of Farmer Joe's Market is a vast mural that highlights the history of this area.  Composed by local artists and elementary school children, it focuses on the creeks, wildlife, and farmlands of the 19th century.

If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You get to decide what constitutes a mural.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to the mural finds posted this week.  I'm out of town for several days but will do my best to leave comments.

13 comments:

  1. What a colourful, busy mural. Very appropriate for Spring!
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nix... this is so vibrant. And I also like that kids were involved in painting this historical mural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at the details in some murals. This one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such incredible colors! I love the use of bright colors...and the details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there were some very talented kids helping out the artists on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright colors. It really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like happy murals like this one. makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this one, very colorful and a lot of things to see. Nice find and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours in this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fantastic, a mural created by the children in the community with help from local artists, surely that's what it's all about. Great job they did too!

    ReplyDelete